Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Blast from the past

5:45 AM Earworm: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - From the Brain Salad Surgery Lp - I think it’s Called “I’ll Be There” if not, that’s the chorus.

Man I was such an ELP freak in 7th grade. Looking back I’m just not so sure why. I perfectly well understand my King Crimson obsession, my fling with The Moody Blues, and my overweening adoration of The Who. For all of those the basic principles are still intact just the intensity has changed.
I guess I just have to apply the “ Well, it was the seventies” cliché to it. That seems to cover a multitude of sins and insanity.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 9:38 AM, Blogger Linda Diane Feldt said...

funny how a numbernlpt of times now you've ended up with the music I played Friday on my "vinyl days". ELP was a big hit last Friday. A lot of people went into long lost memories. And then we went to old kid's records. Strange transition.
But I hadn'tlistened to ELP for at least 5 years, maybe more, until this past Friday.

 
At 1/29/2007 4:08 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Perhaps we're broadcasting back and forth!?
I always thought it would be cool to have wetware to download my dreams, I'd make a good psychic DJ I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home