Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

AM earworm

I’m Hans Christian Anderson - Danny Kaye
There is no mystery in the why and where of that one. I’ve been thinking about the Grimm stories. That leads to a 2 book set I own, one of Grimm, one of Anderson. They both are excellent, thorough, collections in the traditional style. The Anderson has these crazy late stories of his. They are called things like “On To The Future” and such. Most people have never seen them, they are really wacky.
So that leads to thinking of the Danny Kaye movie of Hans Christian Anderson which was a musical. Which is where the song came from.

I am also thinking about an old movie my parents loved called “The Red Shoes”. The basic idea is the ballerina goes insane.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2007 2:56 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

And the Danny Kaye song has my mind shooting over to Finnian's Rainbow and the Begats and the Idle Poor, Idle Rich and all that good stuff.

 
At 10/23/2007 4:21 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Believe it or not, I haven't seen that one. Probably a sad lack on my part.

 
At 10/24/2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

You won't be disapointed.
I had the wickedest crush on this short haired Irish lass in it when I was fifteen.

 
At 10/26/2007 8:41 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I will get my hands on it summarily. Funny they show "Brigadoon" regularly but I've never seen that listed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home