Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I got three neckties & a glass of gin

Wow. Jandek last night. Wow. How excruciatingly hypo-tizing. Harpsichord, trumpet, dancer/howler and the man, the mystery man. Who has the blues real, real, bad.
Not for the faint hearted that.
I loved how the art school brats who all wanted to be seen at the scene fled in droves after each song. No really, about 30 or more people ran for their lives after each song ended. What were they expecting? If one had actually ever listened to any recording he has made, one would know exactly what to expect.

He looks like Boo Radley in a black cowboy hat. He squalls like a banshee (albeit a subdued one). And his playing is difficult to understand to put it mildly. I found that I had to really focus on the words and the trumpet player (rather Miles Davis-ish in terms of emotionality) to be able to hang. The fact that the dancer was built, I think helped many people remain seated.

I have to admit 2 hours of it was a real test. Not just for my brain and my emotions (he’s just a tince depressing), but for me bum. The seats. Yarg. I couldn’t get comfortable.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home