Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

In which creeping annoyance threatens thermo-nuclear meltdown in my brain

I find this idea of “soaking” the dishes to be a function of bourgeois privilege. I was challenged on this recently by the principle dish soaker hanging around my house. My rebut:

A) Lower income households (especially than us) are statistically more likely to have unresolved vermin problems which would demand immediate cleaning of things like dishes and sink areas.

B) It assumes the availability of monies to replace items ruined over the long term by repeated soakings ie: wooden or wooden handled utensils.

C) It assumes the availability of other equitable dishes to use in place of the ones not able to be used.

D) It assumes future leisure time to “get back to them”, extra space available for a temporarily nonfunctional sink, a certain laziness, and a my needs above the needs of the many, attitude.

E) It is really freaking selfish which is a characteristic one tends to associate with the bourgeois.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home