Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, November 21, 2005

no cute titles available at this time

So all I have to do is get through today and I’m free for a week. But being as It’s Monday, it’s a lot to get through. 3 classes and a lecture.
Tomorrow I grab my bird and cook it up to serve to Lizardbreath, Filmkid and friend. With stuffing and creamed onions and she’ll make a few sides, it should be good.
Oliver won’t go, he hates parties and he just did the whole thing with his family yesterday. I didn’t go, I had to rake and do homework. Didn’t feel like driving to Indiana. Plus he had the opportunity to hang with the big brother sans wives and such so I think that's a good thing. I’m not so sure about the in-laws, I don’t quite get them, but I’m really sure about the brother in-law. He is excellent people.

Off to bathe and do math and feed the cat and watch the news and make the tea and toast and pack the satchel and write the grocery list and what-not now.

3 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 5:15 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I have to make sure we get out enough parts to Austria (I'm in charge this week) to cover us so that we can have a four day weekend. eh.
My ex is having her first Thanksgiving dinner in about seven years. Her new guy has a family.
Used to be I'd go through Family Hell, then pick her up, see a movie and eat at Denney's or something.
I only subjected her to THEM once.

 
At 11/21/2005 9:05 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I am cogitating on writing a story about how I came to loathe this holiday so much so I don't want to give much away but yeah, not a fan.
Did you ever see the show Titus? He said some funny things, one that I loved was that (and I'm paraphrasing as usual) "people like me, the product of dysfunctional families, are great to have around in an emergency, because we're the ones who don't freak out and just say things like, yup thats a vein, you there- call 911, and you come here and hold it like this, you go get a blanket etc etc" well, you get the idea.

 
At 11/22/2005 5:20 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Titus was great!
My step-father spent his first Thanksgiving in our house sitting on the washing machine in the laundry room because a "normal family holiday meal" was freaking him out way too much.
This was after about ten months of sobriety following thirty five years of alcoholism though. I could see how we could have given him the willies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home