Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sleepy

Cripes man, I awoke at 5:30 for no apparent reason, while playing computer games trying to go back to sleep I had a strange series of earworms that began with this song I’ve never known the title of, I think it’s by the Cowsills and it’s likely called something like “Lonely Days, Lonely Nights” which morphed into “Goody Two Shoes” by Adam and the Ants, which morphed into “Chelsea Morning” by Joni Mitchell. I guess I put myself to sleep as I re-awoke at 7:15.

I remember dreaming that I stupidly smashed a shit load of milk bottles and had to pull a huge hunk of lavender glass out of my foot. So I sat in a sandbox next to a TV and a lightbox bleeding like crazy in the pouring rain.

I also dreamed I had to admit to my pregnant mother that she indeed looked terrible in curlers and that she should pull her dress down.

I dreamt that Hartley Coombs (remember that name, he’ll be the next drummer for the Chili Peppers or something) had my skateboard which he said he got at a flea market. I knocked his eyes out by jumping on barefoot and skating like a pro in the parking lot of Little Caesars.

Edit: Now that Oliver's awake he says he thinks that "Lonely Days" song thing is the Bee Gees. I could see that as reality.

2 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I rarely remember my dreams, which is good because I am usually being killed by predatory animals and bugs. And once, our innocent little mutt eating my parents and then taking notice of me.
I feel like I should be telling this to a shrink.
I had Judas Priest in the head and had to put some on to get it back out again. I'm a little embarrased.

 
At 5/10/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

It depends how I wake up whether I'll remember. ferinstance today I woke up because the phone was ringing and I was panicky because I overslept, so I don't remember a thing.
Oliver has really aggressive chase and someone or something trying to harm him dreams a lot, I wonder if it's a primordial guy thing?
I get stressy dreams when my sugars are wonky.
As for the Judas Priest thing, well, at least you had some on hand to relieve the aural itch. If I got stuck there I'd just be stuck, as it occurs to me I don't think we have any in the house. I'm having bad music cred today as I can't even think of a song they did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home