Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Have you danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?



Between the homework and the company, the dog sitting and the food prep, the trying to take advantage of the last days of summer (which means lake), the rehearsal for our little jam at the neighborhood block party, the housework, the work and the general exhaustion of yesterday, I’d like to say something that I hope isn’t too parasitic about the realms of the possible and the impossible.

When my friend called me and said that a plane had just smashed the Pentagon and that people were saying that the twin towers were on fire, I told him that was impossible and that while something weird might be happening he had to take people’s hysteria and rumour mongering with a grain of salt. I then turned on the TV and spent the rest of the day in shock.
When I saw the footage of the people dying in the whateverdomeconventioncenter, I said to myself that's ridiculous, of course there’s going to be National Guard at any moment. Three days later I was not seeing that “of course” happen.

Last night I was watching the movies “Hole’s” based on the Louis Sacher book.
What a great book, what a great movie. The idea being that there is such a crazy twist of fate running through everything, that anything is possible. That one can really fuck up and fate WILL offer the chance to redeem the fuckup.

I really, really hope that somehow we can start moving towards redemption now that it’s all becoming so very clear how we’ve really, really fucked this whole schmear up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home