Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fresh smoothies and a clean(er) fridge later......



Well back to the grind, due to my clever manipulation of my schedule I ended up on a 4 day weekend if you don’t count rehearsal Fri. and having to work Sat.
This will be the case for all those Monday holidays. Very cool.
The solution yesterday was cleaning not cooking. 3 rooms and one bathroom later and I felt a lot better. I also attacked the basement for awhile after I came back from the lake, which, a fresh little wind, staring at fish and sun dapples and listening to just the noise of water was helpful also.
But I really feel it was the cleaning that staved off the feelings of imminent collapse of the continuum. There is really something about it, that while it sucks and I hate it, it is so very good to ground you and make you feel worthy of the air your breathing and to get the monkey of guilt and oppression off your back.
I don’t know about the rest of you but any time I can accomplish that are good times.
All right, I’m off to turn in my first paper. I explained to her previously that I haven’t been to school since 7th grade and that I had no idea how to write a paper, she said she’d help....... we’ll just see how THAT goes.

2 Comments:

At 9/06/2005 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have thought the event of helping that poor clueless teenage driver out of the very steep ditch he had slid his car into by driving too fast along a sharp curve would have merited some mention. I thought it was an event of note. He purposely put himself into a slide because he had done it before and it was fun but he agreed he must have gone too fast and he was in serious trouble until we came along and just happened to have a tow cable - and a four wheel drive vehicle also hapened along and pulled him out easily. We never did learn why he was only wearing one sock and no shoes - he just said he left them in the car. He lost the mud flap on the front but no other damage we could see so we drove off...
I also still laugh at my initial response on coming across the scene - asking what in retrospect was a dumb question: "do you need some help?" Yes he did, in so many ways, and someone with their car so far in a ditch that it nearly rolled over clearly is in need of some help.
-- signed
the sister

 
At 9/06/2005 8:44 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Yeah well I guess I just didn't think about it so much, It was odd though. I think that thing on his foot was a foot brace.
Perhaps he needed a brain brace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home