Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Entropy is a bitch

Make that, I’m it’s bitch. My frickin’ house is just falling apart. Why? I’m a good person, I try really, really hard. But the amount of paperwork, personal and shelter maintenance, and cooking and cleaning and paperwork and (did I mention paperwork?) In the modern world is unreasonable to be expected to be kept up with.

Maybe this is where I did miss out on having kids. I remember my old boyfriend (the leprechaun) had a stepmother Mary. When we would go to visit she'd be sitting up at the dining room table playing Bid Whist, scratching her wig and drinking bootleg vodka with Kool - Aid. Meanwhile 5 or 6 kids would be scurrying around doing the chores. Then she would just sail around inspecting. She’d say “you didn’t scrub in the corners of the floor” and *CLOP* she’d whomp whomever upside the head with one of her giant Mary hands. I swear to god she was like 6’4 and about 350 pounds.
I could do that, without the wig though.

2 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 6:29 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

And I'm always worried that if I have kids they'll end up being more fucked up than me. I don't see actual parents worried about that.
I have a paperwork phobia. That's why I didn't even try for financial aid and paid for college on my own nickel.

 
At 5/12/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I think actual parents eventually figure out that they can't really be what they thought they would.

Robertson Davies had one of his carachters say something like; Parents - we all have them and very few of us have won the golden prize in that regard.
So I say whatever, full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home