Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Earworms and singin’ dreams

I can’t stand the rain - Ann Peebles’ version

I’m dreaming that I had just had a conversation with Oliver and the new handyman, (who looked just like a handyman should) who were headed down to the basement to build cool music equipment stuff, reminding them that I had needs as well, namely book cases and a looooong shoe rack. As I walked out the back door holding a cat box the cat poop fell on my skirt which used to be my nice GQ, beige, wool, side button one from high school days but now was some cat poopy, rusted, beige, denim, one that I’m not sure where it ever came from.

While I was trying to scrape the poop off, some kids were walking by and asked 2 things: One if they could borrow a “canning planner” and secondly if I’d like to sing Al Green’s “I can’t stand the rain”. I said that I knew a better one which was Ann Peebles’ version and proceeded to sing it, starting it in a good low key and octave so I could maximize the gut bucketing of it and show off a bit. I proceeded to sing the crap outta that tune and it became a bit of a production number in the backyard. Adding a new ending verse of
“ Now that we’ve parted,
My world is so blue
I need you to come back to me
So I can do,
So I can do what you want me to”
At which point Don Cornelius and the Soul Train Gang (who apparently had been watching from the neighbors porch) all cheered wildly.
I turned around and asked those kids “what in the hell is a canning planner?"

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12/12/2007 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you know?

barry

 
At 12/13/2007 2:28 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12/13/2007 2:30 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Apparently, according to my dream self, it's some device by which one can measure and assess the garden to know how much work it will take to put up the fruits of said.
Could this be my, post apocalyptic, million dollar idea?

 
At 12/13/2007 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wuddent be the first time our generation would need to rely on a gizmo of some sort to do what our grandparents did by "eye-ballin it"

IT WILL SELL LIKE HOTCAKES!

barry

 
At 12/13/2007 7:47 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Mmm Hotcakes!
Sadly a canning planner sounds like something I sell at the calendar store.
But a Soul Train calendar, that would be The Bomb.

 
At 12/14/2007 6:33 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

A Soul Train Calendar?
That, my friend, is a truly scathingly brilliant idea.
I would so totally buy one, or even two.
So much better than the free City of Ann Arbor water resource calendar I have now.

Mmm hotcakes. We have a spankin' new, iHop in town now. I've never been to an iHop. But I sure do love oat bran, blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup and real butter. I don't suppose my chances are terrific of getting what I really crave if I offer them my patronage are they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home