Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Write Right? Yer Bloody Well Write

I am supposed to be writing a paper, I am supposed to be writing lyrics to like, 15 songs that are waiting, I’m supposed to be writing for the writing group, I’m supposed to be writing for this, for my own my personal satisfaction, I’m supposed to be writing for Poetry Club.
I am not writing. (As I’m sure you have noticed.)

I’m smoking like I am. I’m not doing common domestic stuff as if I was in “the vortex”. I am experiencing all the lack of other discipline that would seem to indicate the need to feed the creative beast.

Either some kind of frenzy is lurking around the corner and I’m gearing up for it, or I’m in a slump.

I have, however, been cooking my butt off. You should have tasted my stuffing last week, ok two weeks ago, it was a miracle. Perhaps there is some cosmic rule that I can only create unidirectionally. But I want to be fully renaissance though. One of those Clive Barker, Nitro Von Borax, UBU, and dare I say it, Maynard, types who can be creative in 6 directions at once.

Wah wah wah. It sucks to be, limited me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12/04/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

You may need to shift about.
A cooking gear,
A litterary gear,
A rockin' out gear,
and so on.

This might be a bit litteral, but maybe different hats.
For me it's shoes.
I'm a shoe sorceror.

 
At 12/04/2007 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey at least somebody consumes your creations! As for your comment -- I'm a little hazy on what you're trying not to proselytize for?????

 
At 12/04/2007 4:30 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

N: Or I maybe need to take just a little more medication?!

Did you know that my secret identity is "Hat Girl"? I'll take you to the thrift store someday and show you my sole superpower.

U: Oh I'm a big ol' buddhist, but I'm not into the whole floatin' around in Nirvana contemplating thing, I am looking forward to things being a lot more dynamic.
I am also (obviously) a very devoted fan of my conception of the Magdalene.

 
At 12/05/2007 1:12 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I do remember the first time I saw you on stage you wore a chappeau worthy of Stevie Wonder circa 1973 (A High Compliment indeed) and I'm fairly sure you were hatted on the second performance as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home