Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

AM Earworm

Pink Elephants On Parade - Dumbo Soundtrack
Yesterday it was “I Wanna Be like You” from the Jungle Book Soundtrack. No surprise as I just bought that. But the apparent ongoing Disney fest? I dunno. Much as I hate Disney (and I really, really do) they had some great songwriters.

The Sherman brothers wrote a lot of that 60’s, 70’s Disney stuff and I just love the Shermans. Robert was sort of the 60’s placeholder between Spike Jones and Weird Al. Somehow we were exposed to him (I’m not clear who amongst my parents chose to bring home the LP) and I became enamored. Enough to have picked up one of those 5 disc Rhino Records collections a few years back when there was actual money in my life. I had to admit after a couple hours of it, that unless you’re 6 there is only so much song parody, room, in one’s head.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home