Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sweating the small stuff keeps me sane

I can’t decide whether I love celery seed or not so much. I keep putting it in coleslaw because in the old days, when Chris owned the Fleetwood, that’s what they did. Though I loved it some days and was disturbed by it on others, I do it myself now because it seems fitting.

I get disturbed by it because the taste is just, so, very, particular. I use it in chicken soup almost invariably. When it is cooked and softened it is not so whelming. I just spent ten minutes staring at the jar in my hand, trying to decide whether to put it in a tuna macaroni salad. In the end I decided to go with twice as much radish instead.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5/06/2009 1:27 PM, Blogger el poquito said...

10 min staring at the celery seed?!

gotta get your contemplative time where you can.

 
At 5/06/2009 11:38 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

It does seem oxymoronic that I'm claiming sanity around that doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home