Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

It’s official

I’m trying a new math tutor. The old one was a total wash. So I’ve got a 17 year old Tibetan woman on the line to step in. It does feel a little odd to be being tutored by teenagers but this is the way of my world, just suck it up and get humble.
I wrote to my previous instructor to arrange to complete the incomplete, which sounds poetic to me. I told him that I almost had the A-ha moment during the graphing explanation, but it slipped out of my grasp and left me with a case of brain freeze instead.

What is this graphing of non-linear equations on the intercepts crap anyway? I really have to insist that I have been living in the real world for about 30 years now and I don’t need to know this is in my life.
Now, I do keep getting these tickles of Hermetic laws and such, and that is interesting, I think the history of the development of these concepts would be more up my alley though.

2 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I have heard that music and math are not that far apart. And that people with Asperger's Syndrome often excell at one and/or the other.
Obviously none of that helps you with your studies, it just popped into my head.
Along with R.E.M.'s Begin the Begin.

 
At 2/16/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Ya, I keep waiting for that connection to happen in my head. I keep thinking that with all these music classes somehow the math and the dance of the spheres should all come swirling together in my head and liberate me from the math oppression.
So far I'm shit outta luck.

I'm waiting though........

Tutor is supposed to call tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home