Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Welcome to Turtle Island

Sometimes even a decent cook like me needs to just not have to deal with it.
So after getting home from my music lesson at 5:30 I didn’t feel like cooking the pork tenderloin and yet we were dead hungry.
So I looked in the cupboard and instead of going for the known quantity of the Progresso Clam Chowder, I decided to try the Turtle Island Just For Joy Cheddar Beer Soup (in a box). Guaranteeing just a 15 minute cook time.

You add it to water, add beer and it cooks all up into a gooey orange plethora of tastin’ like cardboard. It even comes with a little foil packet of Genuwine Tabasco and they jovially encourage you to jazz it up with such.
Well here’s the deal, it’s a really good idea to, because after all, spicy cardboard is ever so much better than plain cardboard.

I just paid 6 bucks for something I could have pulled out of the recycling bin for free.
Remember awhile ago how I said that I did not trust blue food and I DID trust orange food? I’m rethinking that even as we speak.

4 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mind the flavour of CORRUGATED cardboard, it's just the plain kind that nettles me.

 
At 2/21/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

"How's that tastin' to ya?"

 
At 2/21/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I once had an orange cat who was fascinated by orange colored food.
Odd since I think he had really bad vission.

 
At 2/21/2006 9:13 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Uncle Bunny insists that Hobart (a cat) loved pumpkin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home