Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Failure & Success

I realize I FAILED to actually point out the other new link as well. I recently had the opportunity to meet him officially as opposed to just cashing him out at the grocery store. I don’t know what he’s calling himself at the moment. So even though I know his secret identity I'll just call him Simon. “Clown’s Death Rattle” ya’ll---------->

I have no idea why the green tetrahedron deelybops keep showing up in excess on the links index. I apparently have FAILED to understand the code. But I swear I have examined it thoroughly and tried several many things to attempt to fix it . It just ain’t working. Any thoughts?

AM Earworm: Definitely Yes. After researching a little (because listening to Yes is still more fun than homework ya’ll) I think it was “And You And I” from Close to the Edge.
Which makes no sense whatsoever, whereas yesterdays John Mellancamp made total sense as I had just bought for a quarter and subsequently listened to, the cassette of “American Fool”.
Don’t get me wrong - I was also able to pick up cassettes of The Pogues, Some Bach flute thing, Irish Revolutionary Songs, A Benson Hedges early 70’s soul collection, Squeeze and Remy Zero and a couple others, all for a quarter each.

Then there were the 35 LPs for 50 cents a piece covering everything from Tennessee Ernie Ford Spirituals to Lionel Hampton to Sergio Mendes to Al Hirt to Van Cliburn to Jo Stafford. Lots and lots of organ stuff, (we just love the organ stuff everything from wurlitzer to Moog or whatever). Sweet. Not “Sweet” but a sweet deal. Here’s what I’m learning about classical vinyl - Everybody in the middle class wanted them in their collections so that they would look intelligent, but unless it was some syrupy Tchaikovsky or 50 Greatest Hits of the Classical Age, nobody actually played them. Consequently they are in beautiful condition.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 12:29 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

html is way confusing.
That's why I've usually had two blogs, so I could reference back on one template while fooking around with the other.

I meant to say "fooling" but looking at it there, I rather like "fooking".

 
At 1/19/2007 2:33 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I don't get HTML at all as evidenced by my failure to be able to even make a hyperlink on my own blog.

Fooking is a great word. Treasure it always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home