Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, March 16, 2007

You know the drill

Nitti Pomfritti - Vasen
This is a beautiful little instrumental piece by a Swedish ”New Folk” group I love. It translates to Ninety French Fries. The band features the nyckelharpa, a keyed fiddle which is a traditional Swedish instrument.
I was dreaming that I was a salesgirl at some warehouse store and all the way at the back, past all the refrigerators, stoves and washing machines was the music section where this was being piped in. I was showing/pushing vintage copies of Hans Brinker in the original Dutch. (Don’t ask me I don’t make this stuff up! Oh, wait, yes I do.)
I wish you lived inside my head, it’s beautiful in there at the moment. But since you don't they do have a myspace site/player, they just don’t have this, my favourite song, on it.
Breaking news- Apparently ghee-La, the cat who hates music, (as opposed to Naan who LOVES it) just doesn’t like our music or our general taste in music. I put in this one, with all strings and goat hooves and she became obsessed with it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

You have a fury critic.

 
At 3/16/2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Oh the thoughts that popped up in my head when reading my regular mail and it said I had a "fury" critic. Surreal. Inspired some interesting digressions until I remembered what I had written and then understood what you meant.
But I love the sound of a fury critic. Like someone in there saying stuff like " You know I don't think you're angry ENOUGH, I'd like to see a purer white heat in it" or " could you try it again and this time really kill them with that look? Maiming just isn't good enough for us."

 
At 3/17/2007 1:27 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I really like that.
Like an edgy thump instead of just a tap on the shoulder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home