Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday morning midpoint earworm

While Kitchen cleaning and catching up on composting this one popped. Rather appropriate for the moment...

Sadie - The Commodores (I’m pretty sure)

The lyric is:
“Early one Sunday morning,
Breakfast was on the table,
there was no time to eat
she said to me,
“Boy hurry to Sunday School....”

“Sadie (Sadie May)
don’t you know we love you
sweet Sadie
place no one above you
sweet Sadie
living in the past
well it’s funny
how no money
can turn your head around”
etc., etc.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO howdja like the bookfest?

 
At 9/10/2007 3:37 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

A lot.
It was a little confusing at first as to what one actually does at a "bookfest". So obviously I just relaxed and bought books. (And am I ever in trouble for adding a third stack to the dining room table.) Your place (booth, stall) had 2 I am very excited about: Shirley Jackson's "The Birds Nest" as well as Roald Dahl's "Tales of the Unexpected".
If you EVER EVER run across a copy of Jackson's "The Road Through the Wall" I am veritably dying to get a copy?!?!

Where all those cute moptops yourn?

That was the infamous Nigel Patel I was hanging round with (of Hand Made Luck origination) incidentally.

 
At 9/11/2007 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it..yeah, I don't know why, but the whole darn thing is just so likeable...

Please don't die, veritbly or otherwise, but I do have a copy of "The Road Through the Wall" at this very moment. I'll put it on hold for you at the store. Did you ever read the bio of Jackson called, I think, "Private Demons"? It's very good, I thought.

The girl and the lighter haired curly headed youth were sired by me -- the other one just seems to live at our house though I hear he sleeps down the street...

 
At 9/11/2007 7:20 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Oh my freakin' god, I will be in tomorrow after school.
It's not some horribly expensive first edition is it?
I had someone found me one for like 75 bucks once, I couldn't afford that one.

 
At 9/12/2007 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, it's just a regular old paperback I picked up for 50 cents...actually I'd like to just give it to you...

 
At 5/31/2008 10:26 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

ps almost a year later yes I have read "Private Demons" several times and it's fantastic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home