Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

AM Earworm

Let's face it, I just adore musicals and show tunes. Especially when the song writing is so strong it could easily crossover into mainstream music and become a standard. Like “Somewhere” or “Some Enchanted Evening” or “The Street Where You Live” or “Stranger In Paradise”. I suppose even “76 Trombones” qualifies somewhere in there, although really you’re only likely to hear that as standard for high school marching bands.

But why this (one of my all time favourites) never caught on, I don’t know. I suppose because it has the word Frankenstein in it. Whereas “The Time Warp” really does stand alone and can be taken out of context more easily. But “Timewarp” is about a third of the way down the list of my favourite songs from the show.

There’s A Light (Over at The Frankenstein Place) - Richard O’Brien

In the velvet darkness
Of the blackest night
Burning bright, there's a guiding star
No matter what or who you are

There's a light
Over at the Frankenstein place
There's a light
Burning in the fireplace
There's a light, a light
In the darkness of everybody's life

The darkness must go
Down the river of night's dreaming
Flow Morpheus slow let the sun and light
Come streaming
Into my life, Into my life

There's a light
Over at the Frankenstein place
There's a light
Burning in the fireplace,
there's a light, a light
In the darkness of everybody's life

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/18/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I always thought There's A Light was lovely.
Even liked Richard's bridge (but then that's the best part of most songs) even before I knew he was the one who wrote it.

Now I'll have Rocky selection in my head for the rest of the day. Not a bad thing. Whatever happened to Saturday night indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home