Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I could just as easily be insane

I just pulled the first all nighter of my college (alleged) career. I stayed up all night writing an eight and a half page paper comparing Aristotelean Virtue Ethics with Mahayana Buddhism. This while nursing a purely, delightful, kidney infection.

25 cigarettes, a cup of tea, a half a bar of Lindt chocolate with hazelnut creme, a wash basket full of specific and generalized super stress, a 101 fever and a quart or so of un-sweetened cranberry juice later, I feel positively Holmesian.

I have no idea what I wrote (and already electronically submitted). I could be scathingly brilliant, I could have gibbered like a blue monkey. And the best part is that, like Holmes, I will likely have a Dr.’s excuse at the end of it all, ready and waiting to whip it on out, if it all comes apart in my face.

God I wasted a lot of money on cocaine in my youth.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12/13/2007 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez, you're responsible!

my last all nighter involved a discussion of problems in native american ed, 1.5 packs of camel straights, and a fifth of singlemalt.

a very indignant paper.

i got a c. oh, and a comment:
"I think I see what you were TRYING to do..."

barry

 
At 12/14/2007 2:00 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I haven't dared to look at "IT" yet. I'm frightened Auntie Em.

I think I'm much stupider than I think..... I make no sense

 
At 12/14/2007 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i stop here almost every day because you are stupid.

you need a smack!

barry alsostupid

 
At 12/15/2007 9:12 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Well thank you but I truly wasn't fishing...
It's just that taking these philosophy classes with a brilliant professor and some really, really, REALLY, bright students has humbled me, usually in a good way, but sometimes in an anxiety producing, panicky, I'm never going to make it, kind of way.

Smacking is generally welcomed, especially the ones that bring realizations....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home