Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Good News Bible

Ha. Didya think I was gonna come back and explain my absence by saying I just got out of a camp and I’m ready to spread the good word? Not a prayer.

I think that whole “good news” movement was an offshoot of the weird, christian, “go thou amongst the hippies and convert” thing that happened in the 60’s and 70’s. “Oh you feel lost? Confused? Well did you notice how much like a hippie Jesus was? No? Well let me tell you.....”
I think that that is a devilish part of some of the “religious issues” we are experiencing these days. A lot of those people got evangeled pretty hard core and became pretty hard core themselves, then married hardcore and bred hardcore and there you are, right down the line to Jesus Camp.

Anyway, no, it’s finals and that’s all the excuse I have.
But I thought I would drop by and relay that I just got word that I received an A in Poli. Sci. Which means that technically I earned my degree today.

I know there are plenty of other people, with plenty of way better sounding letters after their names from plenty of way prestigious universities, but, it feels real weird, tingly, exciting, pretentious and slightly embarrassing to be a little giddy about saying to myself, “hey! I’ve earned a degree”. Oh and I earned hell out of it Honey.

The other thing that is noteworthy is that today I am trying to make a major inroad in the reduction of the amount of nicotine my body expects daily. Having stressed myself up to over a pack, something aggressive needs to be done. So I got me some Zyban and a kitchen timer and I’m pulling serious Mrs. Lafayette DuBois action. 1/2 a cigarette every 50 minutes today, then only every hour tomorrow. Then Weds. I am in class or on the bus for almost 12 hours straight anyway. So by Thurs. I might be able to get it down to 10 a day. I bin watchin’ that timer so far today though....

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4/14/2008 7:41 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

On the degree here's a big Woo followed by a big ol'Hoo!

On the hippies, I'm under the impression that a lot of 'em were "fixer uppers" and prime candidates to shuffle sheep-like behind almost anybody who would get out in front.

 
At 4/15/2008 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought you were still pondering what the biggest sell was!

fbkhzh on your degree! Now go be underemployed like the rest of us!

 
At 4/15/2008 12:00 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Oh this degree is like a brass plated tickee to underemployment. I'm thinking of asking Nina at Acme for a counter job....

 
At 4/15/2008 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, what is yr degree?

barry

 
At 4/15/2008 7:25 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

It's an associates in Gen. ed.
I think I really was at a point where I needed/wanted some kind of validation. I feel pretty validated right now. But that's all subjective.

Objectively it's not a huge deal.

I had written a deep, meaningful, psychological, comment on the meaning of it all to me. It got "errored" so I'm taking that as a sign.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home