Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, April 04, 2008

I Loves Me some internet

Yesterday I suddenly had the burning question strike me. “what is the largest known cell?”
I never seemed to have a free, focused moment to ask the net yesterday, but this morning I suddenly remembered, queried and eh voila it is the ostrich egg. Or if one means the longest cell, it’s a nerve cell in a giant squid. Or if it’s the largest cell in the human body the gametes cover both largest and smallest.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 4/04/2008 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quick without thinking what is the largest
(and probably oldest) known life form?

barry

 
At 4/04/2008 11:29 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Umm I had to think just a little, is it megladon, the blue whale or the 5 acre fungus?

 
At 4/04/2008 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought the largest cell was where Scooter Libby hangs out...

 
At 4/04/2008 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah!

anyway i don't know.

bee

 
At 4/04/2008 4:06 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Wait, are we talking biggest cells or deepest hells? Well I suppose those might be reserved for traitors to humanity, not piddling little countries anyways. On second thought.... With that bunch...

And, now I do know that it is the giant Seqouia, because it's root network intertwines so.
Some claim it is the Great Barrier Reef but to my mind that is not a single entity.

 
At 4/05/2008 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

armillaria ostoyae one particular critter
covers an area about 3.5 miles across
and is between 2500 and 7200 years old.

google it if you wanna get creeped.

bee

 
At 4/05/2008 7:02 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

So I didn't do to bad. Except for missing the actual largest organism. Cuz the blue whale is the largest animal, the fungi thing I was mostly right I just didn't know they had found a larger one in OR. And the megalodon thing, well... there's no accounting for that.

 
At 4/06/2008 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder if the sequoia is the correct answer weight wise. some of those coastal redwoods are big mammas as well. i got some pics of the gals standing by some a cupple years ago. near crescent city/trinidad. a few weeks later someone got badly mauled by a cougar on the path where we were.

i digress.

barry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home