Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, July 21, 2008

NEXT!


“The Mantis and the Moth” by Max Weatherly.
I am starting to question whether I actually even have any ability to discern good from trash. Maybe in books as in life “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
Because, again, I found this to be not trashy fiction at all.

Now, I don’t know if it is true, as the cover alerts me that “This book assures Mr. Weatherly a place alongside Truman Capote, Eudora Welty and Carson McCullers.” Because even though I have read all those folk I just cannot judge such a thing. And I also know that “The Ballad of the Sad Cafe” and “Other Voices Other Rooms” hit me pretty hard, in a way that this book doesn’t. But that could as easily be correspondent to the very different, much younger, place I read those other books in.

Still, it was good, it was dark, it was twisted, and reminiscent of my idol Shirley Jackson. Therefore I liked it but it didn’t hold a candle to “We Have Always Lived In The Castle” which is much more of a drama as well as a mind fuck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home