Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sheer Terror

The guys from the city were out there today assessing and marking the sidewalks for repair. I was sick to my stomach while watching them. This is the kind of thing that sets off my most intense fears. The Gub’ment telling me what I can and cannot, will and will not, do. With no recourse at all available. It’s just “hey you who just had to borrow money for your taxes, hee hee hee, give us more, more, more, bwahahahahahahahah.” I hate that.

So I holla’d out my window to the fresh faced young man in his little fluorescent vest, faded jeans and worker dude boots “Hey, please be nice to my house. I haven’t worked since 2005”. He gave a cheery smile and said “Hey, you’ve only got three, for a corner lot you’re doing good”. I guess I’ll have to accept that that is pretty good, because I had anticipated at least eight. So, I (reluctantly) should count my blessings, albeit rather wanly....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8/05/2008 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why they're doing this now when a lot of people are facing tough times. I do know that a lot of sidewalk fixin' guys are going to make a lot of money and a lot of homeowners are going to shell out a bunch. I've also observed on my walks to work that a lot of little, minor stuff that doesn't imperil public safety in the slightest is getting flagged.

Wow, my verification code is jtkid -- a distant cousin of the New York Dolls' Jet Boy????

 
At 8/05/2008 7:50 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

One of em is just high but not cracked at all, maybe we can just dig a bigger hole for it.

 
At 8/05/2008 10:19 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I think this has to do with the ADA. And while I am a big supporter of people with disabilities, I also think that to think one can have total and equal access to everything in the world while having a disability is unrealistic.
However, I suppose it is reasonable to want sidewalks that ones wheelchair or walker can navigate.
I, however, find that the nubbly things at the intersections KILL my feet, so where do I go to complain about that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home