Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Perfectly hideous earworm

Boom Boom Out Go The Lights - Pat Travers Band

First of all, who the hell is Pat Travers anyway?

Secondly, some old blues songs just aren’t right, and covering them in any serious way does not make you awesome but rather a newly hatched dinosaur. Even the completely cool Nick Cave should have left off “Black Betty” from “Kicking Against the Pricks”.

Thirdly, why? Why did my subconcious decide to dredge up this abortion? Sometimes I think I’ve been saddled with the crocodile brain of a sixteen year old bomb dude from 1979.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5/29/2009 9:32 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Sadly I saw the craptastic Pat Travers Band.
More sadly, he was opening up for the much more craptastic Ted Nugent on New Years Eve.
Happily, I didn't pay!

 
At 5/29/2009 1:40 PM, Anonymous UBUNOW said...

plus, even in the original this is an extremely misogynist tune, but you'd hope by Pat's time that mankind had become a little more sensitive...HA

 
At 6/27/2009 4:51 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Sadly I just saw another band doing "Black Betty", sigh. And I've come to realize that on some levels I actually was a "16 year old bomb dude" at the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home