Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

“It’s such a gamble when you get a face”



My friend Lizard Breath had gotten me thinking about faces several weeks ago when she was telling me about her experience of meeting her biological family. Apparently for the first time in her life, (other than her own child) she was able to see faces that held reflections and variations of her own face.
I reminded myself to really study the faces around me at this impromptu reunion. Some of my cousins I hadn’t seen for close to 30 years. Our family has become scattered physically and ideologically since the 70’s. We are not even so close within the nuclear family.
To first jump in a car with my sibs and only parent for 6 hours, then walk into a room where myriad pieces of dead Aunts and Uncles faces kept popping into view was really interesting.
The other interesting part is that a lot of the women in our family have not been able to, and/or have chosen not to, have children. There are a lot of adoptions in our family. So theirs are faces that originate from a completely different set of faces. Yet those are some of the people I have seen more frequently along the years, so they are actually very familiar to me.
Note: The above pictures belong to my family not me, I did not take them, there will be more of such in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home