Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The meaning of life is 42






That is my motto for this year

List Of Cool Birthday Stuff

Dinner at The Blue Nile
A bill organizer thingy
A bobble head monk
A necklace of Hindu saints and dieties pictures
A green blank book
A carton of really good smokes
A bottle of really nice champagne
A bouquet of red and yellow roses
4 potted lilies for the yard
A living Proteus plant
A toy harmonica
A Devo de-evolution DVD
many lovely phone calls and emails
6 versions of happy birthday sung to me (one by the famous Psyche)
6 free bagels
A Siouxsie and The Banshees pin
I got to take 2 special people out to eat

I think we’ve come a bit of a ways from my 16th, when my present was my first IV habit. I wrote a poem about it. Wanna hear it? It goes like this:

The 16th Birthday Present

Out the window
rain has become
a steel gray sheet on concrete
I turn back
to this room
get the plasti-wrapped glass
from the sink
fill it with water
drink it down
silvered like rain in lamplight
which glances
on the spoon
sends white shadows to the ceiling
Works don't reflect
they draw
glowing
where they lay
on the table
tiny radiant shaft
the spike pulls
dope draws deep through me
in the mirror
I glow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home