Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Spoon does not exist

I’ve been thinking a lot about matrixing for the past 6 months or so. I think about it every time I sit on the upstairs toilet. The reason being that the lumpy, paint pocked, plaster wall in front of it is prime matrixing material.
I’ve taken to penciling in the faces that I see there. So far there is what appears to be a young girl, a twisted monkey and a grotesque fairly reminiscent of some of the grotesques from cirque de soleil. Then there is the large eye. It stares at you which of the other figures only the girl does.

I think about what causes matrixing to be fairly prevalent. I suspect (and how could I be proved wrong I wonder?) that it’s an evolutionary trait. Especially seeing the eyes first. I suspect that for the ancestors the ability to discern the eyes hidden in the bush and the woodland gave them a biological edge. They got eaten and bitten less, therefore probably breeding more good matrixers.

In conversation with Uncle Bunny yesterday the idea arose that when under population was an issue and healthy breeding a big priority, various sorts of “potlatch” mentality was by far the dominant paradigm. Making sure trade routes remained open, communities setting up mutual assistance and exchange of needed goods and services. Diplomatic and friendship rituals were of supreme importance. Because internecine warfare could wipe out an entire areas population.

The idea that a horribly overpopulated village like this planet would openly encourage the fast decline of those mentalities, instead rewarding those who freely engage in the polar opposite behaviors whenever possible (such as Ken Lay) should be no real surprise. I suppose the barriers of insular communities doesn’t help either. A behavior that becomes more prevalent as fear and paranoia rises.

The birthing of the heralded, alleged Aquarian age certainly seems a long hard labour to those who sit smoking in the waiting room.

2 Comments:

At 8/07/2006 4:51 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Like the "eyes hidden in the bush" thing. It's easy to forget that we wore once a prey animal.
And still, the U.S. Army typically doesn't like to engage an enemy unless we outnumber them five to one.
We are fragile. And even more so when we forget how fragile we are.

Still, if and when the Revolution comes, I'm not sure how I'd make my weekly paycheck. Good or bad, that's my first priority.

 
At 8/08/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I forgot to mention the silhouette of a young boy and the cartoony guy with the shock hair.

When the revolution comes suspect I'll be paying for my groceries with my bead collection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home