Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, October 06, 2006

It’s an earworm miracle!

Prophecy - Remy Zero

One that’s less than twenty years old! But there it was, all loud, insistent and definite the moment I woke up and before any outside media taint occurred. I’m so very un-moderne I had to go look up the name on the disc I knew it was on.

I had made a disc of nineties music that I actually like. Folks like the Eels, The Bomboras, Cibbo Matto. Rufus Wainright, Geggy Tah. Stuff that it’s somewhat miraculous that I was exposed to much less liked. Due to the fact that I never listen to commercial radio and don’t watch videos any more I generally have no idea what goes on in modern music other than what I don’t like because it’s cheap, awful and ubiquitous. I spend most of my time running 20 to 500 years behind. There have been exceptions when I felt like I was on the very most cutting edge, like from 1977 to 1982 and then again from 1988 to 1993 but that’s about it. I usually wait around for the cream to rise for 5 or 20 years. If my friends still like a thing all that time later I then give it some serious consideration. Oliver turned me on to all the girl group stuff I like from that era like Cakelike, Le Tigre and The Donnas.

But a really good example of where I tend to be trend wise is that I’m very excited right now about Erik Satie and over the moon about Chopin nocturnes. I’m well in the midst of exploring Bach and the newest thing I’ve discovered is Bettye Lavette.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10/08/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Funny i got your comment in the mail but it's not showing up here yet. But no I've never heard of this lady. I'll have to check her out maybe she's in the new bin over at my new boyfriend the library's place.
Or let me know if you pick some up and maybe I can borrow it for a few.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home