Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, November 10, 2006

A couple days of earworm excellence

Yesterday and today I woke up with very distinct, instantaneous earworms. It’s making me wonder if I don’t provide my own soundtracks to my dreams and the earworms are part of it. That seems like it would be weird because I am not a big part of the movie culture that goes on in the western and parts of the eastern world. So I should have taught myself that every story needs a soundtrack? More likely it’s just an extension of the radio that plays unceasingly in my head when I’m awake. Probably earworms are just what's playing when I wake up and they’re so loud because the external world is so quiet.
Yesterday: Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio (which then turned into a very excellent 2 album review of Dark Continent and the first one which I can’t recall the name of. Perhaps it’s just called Wall of Voodoo? Some favourite songs being Lost Weekend, Me & My Dad, Hands Of Love, Animal Day and oh so many more).
Today: Elton John (& Bernie Taupin) - Mona Lisas & Mad hatters. I don’t care what anybody says, Elton John and Bernie Taupin were incredible pop song writers.

I love me some good pop song writers - Don Kirshner, Carole King, Boyce & Hart, Leiber & Stoller, Lamont Dozier and all the millions of others that have actually made the careers of so many canaries who where constitutionally incapable of marrying a sweet riff to a catchy hook but were cute and could be beaten into learning a dance routine.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11/10/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Right now, fittingly enough I'm stuck with Working Man by Rush.
Time to unpack the music and look for The Fall.

 
At 11/10/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Well, a lot of working might be a remedy, at least temporarily.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home