Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Drinkin’ a pina colada at Trader Vic’s

Ok this had to be said. But you white boys in this sideburn/chops fest that has been going on for 10 years or so, just get over it. You know what it makes me think of? It makes me think of the young 19th century foppish sons of the ruling class who had little responsibility, way to much time on their hands, and a burning knowledge of their manifest destiny and their eventual rise to ruler ship by dint of their class.

It makes me think of Quentin Collins. If you don’t know he was a fictional character but he was a greasy, smarmy, craven, aristocrat who got his just desserts by being turned into a rotten not cool, werewolf.

And those alleged beards. Soul patches and those long, skinny ones with braids and/or bands? Guk.

To me it’s like someone with a big tattoo on their face or neck asking me to trust them with something important. Unless I know you SO well that it’s absolutely apparent that that is pretty much one of your only lapses in judgment I’m gonna assume you have pretty bad judgment or are pretty immature and untested.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10/18/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

You've seen my beard though, not bad eh?

 
At 10/18/2006 7:45 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

yes and (as not really a beard fan) at least yours is what it purports to be, which is, a reasonable and real, beard.
My sister is the big beard fan. We grew up in a house of beards.
Man I keep spelling that word and someone just said it on TV and I read a little thing about the beards and euphemism beards on craigslist earlier and now the word itself is weirding me out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home