Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Meswak vs. Neem

I get my toothpaste at the Indian foods store. Why? Because I can’t bear the taste of regular toothpaste, it makes me gag.
I used to get Vicco when I was young, strong and thought that if food didn’t make you tear up it wasn’t hot enough. But Vicco is the Ayurvedic, intensely herbal, completely bizarre toothpaste from heck and I can’t handle it anymore.
So now I alternate between Neem and Meswak.
Neem is nice although they changed the formulae a few years ago and it now more closely resembles an American paste. Too bad as it used to be really awesome and unique.
So I tried Meswak. But it has that anise/fennel under taste. I hate licourice or anything resembling it. The only exception being that small amount of fennel in Italian sausage. But my gums like Meswak.

So the only strategy left is to alternate the reasons I’m gagging everyday.

If you have a recommendation feel free. But leave off Waleda pink, any Tom’s product or most American brands that I’m likely to have already tried. As well as salt, vinegar or baking soda.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10/25/2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Once I learned that the comsumer cult, Amway, forbids (Now that's an interesting word for a business) the use of Crest toothpaste because the Proctor & Gamble logo apparently contains the Mark of The Beast I had to start using it.
I mean really, what brings up a better image of strong teeth than The Beast.
I realize that this helps you not at all but I just wanted to share.

 
At 10/26/2006 7:49 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

That is really funny. I knew that people were all wackily weirded out by the their imagined interpretation of the logo but for a huge co. to promulgate the rumour - just crazy.

I have to say though, my bro & wife were on the Amway tip for a while and the washing powder was really great. However I decided it was more well worth it to just live with my dinge.

(I feel like I should try to work that bit about the beast and strong teeth into a song. )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home