Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

1974

Best of Soul Train today is:
George McCrea - a C list soul singer with a dance hit or two.
Franklin Ajaye - wonder what ever happened to him?
Billy Preston - Whoot! (With a big ‘ol badass ‘fro entourage)
And to top it off -
Rufus. With Miss Chaka Khan lookin’ so young, so good, in a purple sequin tube top and black satin hip hugger elephant bells with roses appliquéd all over them. Singing “Tell Me Something Good”.
I remember riding the Tilt-a-Whirl at the Hillsdale County fair while that was playing over and over. Man I loved the Tilt-a-Whirl. That was the time that my Mom had to sit me down and explain genes, chromosomes and inbreeding to me because I was completely flipped out by all the mutants there. She used the House of Hanover/Windsor to illustrate her points to me. To this day I am completely freaked out by the Monarchy and obsessed with any movie that has mutants.
Happy Birthday Ma, wherever you ended up.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4/01/2007 1:32 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Got a visit from Miss Chaka Khan last night. At a Ram's Horn journalling and "Feel For You" comes on. Started taking note of the songs on the radio. First ELO, then The Cure, then Chaka.
Very interesting mix.
Think last I saw of Franklin Ajaye was some direct-to-video movie with Richard Lewis in the late eighties.

 
At 4/01/2007 3:13 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I bet I know that Ram's Horn, is it the one near Mt. Clemen's?
Then again they may be and probably are, all over that area.

I hate the stuff I see coming out of Selfridge-they come over here a lot and it's awful seeing them. Once a stealth flew right past my bedroom window it was hideous. The only good part about was making me realize what it woukld be like to live somewhere where that was all day every day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home