Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

The SOOOUUULLLL TRAIIINNNN

I love the best of Soultrain. Last week it was The Dazz Band and Run DMC. A few weeks ago the Delfonics. Yesterday was Whodini and Freddie Jackson. I always thought our own local show “The Scene with Nat Morris” was better though . Now that was a show with some hardcore freakin', not all that foofy LA dance stuff. I know ST was originally out of Philly but when it moved it got all LALA.
But it’s still fun to revisit especially when they go back to the seventies when pop and lock first came out. And those afros, naturals, platforms, glitter and mylar. Crazy. It feels so Saturday afternoon, to watch Soul Train at 2 ‘o’ clock.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3/25/2007 5:02 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Now I'm flashing to late seventies WJLB.
We moved out to Roseville, MI and my thirteen year old brother (I was six or seven) was converting his new friends to Cool & the Gang and Graham Central Station and they got him into AC/DC and J. Giles.

 
At 3/25/2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I LOVED WJLB. I was a card carrying member of the Midnite Funk Association for years. I used to keep it as my only ID all through HS and up to about 21, when I had to start having some adult status so I could buy liqour again.
I used to listen to Mojo when he was here in A2 on WAAM radio as well. I got a chance to chat with him once and tell him that. He laughed and told me not to tell people that as it totally gave away my age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home