Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, March 19, 2007

A tinker, a tailor, a soldiers things

Drove into the heartland of the midwest this weekend. Every time I do I see more trailers and abandoned or junked out houses. Boarded up front doors with the folks living out of the back. More gas guzzling toys of the lower and middle classes for sale.
More desolated towns and abandoned dreams. It’s like living in a Tom waits song.

The bottom has fallen out and the descent is limitless. Makes one appreciate what you have but also get real nervous about what could happen. And the thing that is really creepy is that as the impoverished get desperate and start trying to sell everything off, the rich swoop in and by the family heirlooms and last hope valuables on the cheap thus further consolidating their wealth and the other family goes under anyway because the month or two it bought them is never enough to save them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home