Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, October 12, 2007

AM Earworm

Gloom, Despair & Agony On Me - The Hee Haw Gang

I was forbidden to watch Hee Haw as a child. This of course made it attractive in a way it never should have been. But I have to say I sincerely miss Grandpa Jones, Minnie Pearl, Buck Owens and Roy Clark. Roy Clark being the only one still living of that grouping. This is where I also formed the basis of my intense opinions on country music, whereby I loathe what I term “Modern Urban Country”. Some of that also was garnered in my ill fated sojourn in Ennis, Texas, a mean little dry town about the same distance from Dallas that I live from Detroit.

FYI I was also forbidden to watch “The Gong Show”.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10/12/2007 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i grew up on hee haw. i was born in arlington tx but
fortunately spent all but 2 years or so in northern mi

outside of the stuff retaining the influence of the old railroady folkies and cash, neslon, jennings, & cline...country music is crap. it all sounds like travis nasal whiner phoney patriot mcdonald's ad blob seger 'n the silver bullet band pop whorism to me.

oh gawd i love old bob wills & the texas playboys.

barry

 
At 10/12/2007 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...and some of the older dwite yoacham stuff is ass kickin!

 
At 10/12/2007 12:02 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Hee Haw was right up the alley of my dad and uncles.
The one I was named after could play like Roy Clark and the lot of them were all about Blue Grass and Bakersfield.
Needless to say, I heard a lot of Minnie Pearl around the house in the seventies.

 
At 10/12/2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Naow see ya'll? Thass whudeyem talkin' bout!

"Young country" sssssssss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home