Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Cheezeball (with nuts)

This is my favourite time of year in many ways but most of all for TV watching. Everyone breaks out the archives of horror cheeze. I have seen several really wonderfully bad movies that I had never seen before.

One was a really old Roger Corman B/W with a ridiculous sea creature monster that almost made me blush for how crappy it was. The characters were universally insane. One talked like a castrati hillbilly when he had lines at all. Mostly he squeaked, clucked, grunted, roared and howled. There were several freaky Puerto Rican women whose lines were subtitled, one was clearly stated to have been picked up from a brothel. There was an obligatory, undercover, secret agent as well. I wish I had caught the movies name, it was purely Woodsian in it’s inanity.

Last night we saw a B/W Japanese monster movie where it looked like they had basically put beaks on a couple of Godzilla costumes and then added wings to one of them. Then they proceeded to do pretty much nothing but blow up models for another hour or so. Great stuff.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10/30/2007 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Creature From the Haunted Sea" -- yeah, it was hilarious -- I only wish I could have stayed awake long enough to watch the whole thing -- Trivia note: Robert Towne, the guy who wrote Chinatown played Sparks Moran aka Secret Agent XK150

 
At 10/30/2007 4:55 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Ah thank you for that. I was rebelling against looking it up for some reason.
And on those discs, my recommendation is for Krunchies first.
Hope to see you Sat. What a strange walk my walk home from school turned into....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home