Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Blog-o-phobia

I don’t exactly know what’s going on here but suddenly the blog has come to represent - something else, something problematic. Allen Ginsburg said that “things are symbols of themselves”. Maybe I’m just not getting that on the “meta” level, but for me things are usually symbols of something else altogether. The result being that I constantly am doing the psychic gymnastics of robbing Peter to pay Paul in the act of balancing what gets done and what hangs fire.

Any piece of paperwork or act of responsibility becomes a tower of outcomes, relationships, and probably most damaging of all, power dynamics. Scaling those towers or bringing them into any kind of proper perspective is intensely fraught with - “stuff”.
Here are things that end up on the view side of the electron microscope of my neurosis's:
The phone
The mail
College paperwork
Assignments
Work paperwork
Taxes
The bills
Changing services, starting new services
Cleaning
Dharma
Writing

There’s probably more but those are the completely blatant examples. For me, no cigar has ever been just a cigar, if you know what I mean. The power dynamic and who has it runs me, a lot. I wonder whether this is generally a womens issue or whether men have it as well since the power trip really does affect all of us peons?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1/08/2008 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not male of female, human. probably. i don't wanna be bullied neether, stellar.

yenny-hoo i can't help but be brainscrambled by my
own similar list. the items become intrusive thoughts
the yoga FOR ME is letting them in the front door
but not, as suzuki-roshi sed: "inviting them to tea"
or fighting with them.

once in awhile it works.
chen taiji, dog hiking, sittin'meditatin' helps.

barry

 
At 1/08/2008 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't need no heavy trips
I just do what I wanna do
-- iggy pop

take two tracks of iggy and call me in the morning

 
At 1/08/2008 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, i'd end up in jail and alot of rightwing nutcases would be eating with straws with wired shut jaws.

barry

 
At 1/08/2008 10:34 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

My yoga (at the moment) is Ativan. Although, I am still only doing it once every couple weeks. When it just gets too too.
That and I just spent a couple hours doing the bills, and mailed out packages which have been hanging around (one for you B.) and yesterday was cleaning, and I blogged today so maybe I'm snapping back yet again. The bad time would be the time when I couldn't snap.

It would be nice to be a skinny madman like Iggy.
Instead of a lazy, crazy, fatgirl.
My 2 track choice would probably be "Some Wierd Sin" and maybe "nightclubbing".

I just wrote a song that sounds a little similar to that only different.

 
At 1/08/2008 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my iggy track: New Values

 
At 1/09/2008 11:45 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Oh how I miss the yoga.

I am confident that you will snap back. Wash after wash.

 
At 1/09/2008 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two great relatively obscure Iggy tracks: Turn Blue and Shades

 

Post a Comment

<< Home