Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Inexplicable AM Earworm

Just A Closer Walk With Thee - Sung by a man initially, but when I started thinking about it, it changed to the Patsy Cline version.

Which begs the question - Why would I be hearing an obscure (to me) version which only changes to a well known (to me) version when I focus? Seems that is some indication of more complexity to the earworm phenomena than I usually accredit. Such as, possibly it has connections to a really deep part of the memory and subconscious. Or perhaps sometimes, (for me anyway) it’s picking up stuff from “outside”. Interesting questions if anyone (but me) gives a fig.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1/02/2008 9:48 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I'm actually fascinated. But I think about music a lot.

And, Happy New Year!!!

 
At 1/02/2008 3:48 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Snappy snew year back atcha. How's drivin' pies in this weather?

 
At 1/02/2008 6:22 PM, Blogger barry schorfhaar said...

holy crap nigel...are you a pie guy as well?

 
At 1/02/2008 6:37 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Oh, it's snowy bliss.
They tip well when they see you trudge through the winter wonder land.

 
At 1/02/2008 7:43 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

We're all pie guys here. The difference being that I eat them at home as opposed to driving them around in my car.
God I love pizza. It's one of my favourite foods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home