Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

From lowest to highest denominator

Or why I really am kind of a snoot.
I totally need cheezeburgers in my life. Even when (as been happening more often lately) I am not so very interested in the meat eating rituals, a charcoal grilled cheezeburger or Blimpy or Kosmo burger will totally do it for me.
Also there is a dish served at many super yupscale, French/Italian, restaurants pairing some superlative cut of beef, like tenderloin, with gorgonzola. Yummy. Something about the stinkiness of bleu with blood red meat is just fine.

Which brings us to nachos. Nachos, too, are swell. I have long maintained that this is the reason for cattle mutilations, crop circles and alien visitation in general. Meat, corn, cheeze = Nachos. We’ve got em and the universe wants them. I think Daniel Pinkwater would back me up on this. The question of the meat on the nachos is one of quality though. Many, many, times they must remain a lacto-ovo vegetarian production as at 98% of restaurants, I just won’t touch their meat.

But other than these extremes, the idea of putting cheeze on meat is just weird. (See the commercial for Campbell's cheesy chicken and rice casserole.) Almost barbaric. It’s sort of like the idea of drinking kumiss. Which I suppose is technically not that different from drinking Bailey’s. But these new, flavoured, Bailey’s, such as Chocolate mint and caramel, are purely cretinous. And a chocolatini is not a fuggin’ martini you silly calf.

PS I believe this post wins the prize for the most words ever I had to teach my spellcheck.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1/26/2008 12:54 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

The chocolatini made me think of the other day at the pizza, where we were thinking of doing a lime/salt flavored crust: Margarizza!
Could be good, could be scary.

 
At 1/26/2008 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best piece of domesticated meat i done ever et:

an old buddy made for me...
medallions of beef tenderloin
with a roqeufort and morel
mushroom sauce.

oh mommy mommy.

what pizza you workin nigel?

barry

 
At 1/28/2008 9:15 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

In England the most common pizzas are called Margarhita. This confused me initially. All it means, as it turns out, is sauce and cheese.

Mmmm morels, meat and stinky cheese. Sounds like total God food to me.

Yea Nige all this time and I don't even know which place you work for either? Not that it won't be moot in a few days....
BTW are we going to go public with this thing at some point or what? You've been getting some good mileage out of the tease though.

 
At 1/28/2008 11:00 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Why not go public? It's not like we're exposing the location of The Bat Cave.

And it's a small chain (four stores) called Louie's Pizza which is suspiciously similar to Jetts.
But we let the customers figure that out for themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home