Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Na na na gonna have a good time. Hey hey hey!

OK I’m ready to come out with this. Nigel (of course) has already been apprised and I’m hoping to drag Oliver & UBU in as well. But, here’s my idea for those willing to participate. (Mr. Salvadore Dali Parton, I envision yours could be fascinating as well).

After some conversations about what a great radio show the lot of us cooperatively could have, were we ever given a slot and a shot, it occurred to me to try this in the interim:

We each make a disc stuffed chock full of our very favourite tunes.
Then I collect them all, make copies and distribute the new ones to the other participants.
It’s a can’t lose. For the effort of racking one’s brains for the top 20 (or so) all time personal favourites you get three or four most interesting peeks into someone else's musical soul.
And you might just learn something before we’re through.

(If the Fat Albert Show references aren’t doing it for you just ignore that part).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2/18/2008 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in. with a variation. mine shall be a top twenty
or so faves of one particular artist. this is sorta timely
as i was thinking about doing this for a young punker brother who is moving in a certain direction musically.

is that okie doke?

barry

 
At 2/18/2008 3:37 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Whatever floats yer boat baby! There has been some excitement a brewin! It's gonna be neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home