Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Request lines are open

There was no overt, instantaneous earworm this morning. However I made the head radio play several nice pieces in succession, due to immediately beginning to fret and second guess myself over compilation list choices. Some Bowie (I shan’t say which until the disc comes out) then XTC - Senses Working Overtime, then the Dukes Of The Stratosphere - Collideascope. Each just flowing one from the other as ideas do.

Yesterday’s was a little embarrassing so I tried to pretend it didn’t happen. But I’ll fess up now. It was Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down”. My excuse is that I had read several days ago about him and some other “liberal” musicians essentially giving Republican politicians stand down and cease and desist type directives concerning using their music as campaign theme music.
It’s not that I don’t actually like quite a lot of Tom Petty’s stuff. I just didn’t want to have to admit it in such a public forum.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home