Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, January 12, 2009

And did I mention the booze?

I accomplished maybe about 60% of the socializing I set out to do over the holiday social season.
I Did:
None of the lunches.
A ll of the dinners.
4 out of 7 of the parties.
2 shows
1 spontaneous go out for a drink.
And what I realize is that, especially if you add in one of the last parties I went to before “the season”, I just don’t really fit in anywhere.

I almost fit with the philosophy students circle except the part where they are mostly 25 years younger than me and pretty dang boozy.

I almost fit in with the folks I know from high school and related crews except for the part where I say things and then get the really, really strange looks. I had realized this before, about 15 years ago, when I was at a cocktail party with that general group of folks. The conversation was about murderers and serial killers, so I bit and started talking about all the murderers and murderees that I’ve known. And they all moved away from me on the couch there. No really, it was just like Alice’s restaurant. I should have immediately claimed to have been arrested for creating a nuisance. But they do have really classy booze.

There’s another group I have occasionally tried to hang around. They all live in places like Whitmore Lake, Howell, Fowlerville, Grass Lake and Belleville. There’s a lot of hairdressers and grownup “bomb dudes”. A lot , a lot, a lot of booze. A lot of conversations about kids and sports and bars and work and concerts and their shared history which I’m not a part of and lawn care and hair products. That one is so not working for me that I had already decided a few weeks ago that I am definitely just not going around that one anymore.

There is an adjunct, related group to that one, which is a slightly closer fit in the sense that it is the musical and entertainment business oriented people derived from the former group. There the boozy mess club has found it’s permanent headquarters. And it smells pretty bad. I can only do quickie fly-bys.

There is my very local, very fabulous, gay men scene. That one is a just a little obvious. I am not a gay man. If I am, then I’m one in a woman's body, which doesn’t get you very far points wise. I do ok in that scene, except that I’m broke, not very fabulous, I don’t care about fashion and therefore don’t have nice clothes to do things in, and I suspect my days of serious hagging are pretty much behind me. And again I don’t dig the bar part, as well as that the shredding really gets to me. If I am going to talk about you, and I definitely am, it’s to analyze, analyze, analyze. That’s just what I do. But I don’t want to savage someone just to get the high score.

There are some singleton folk like DramaMama, Danilo, Psyche, Nigel and Floyd’sMom etc. etc. All fine folk I’m sure but I rarely see some of them and anyway I don’t “hang in their scenes”. I know them and them alone, it’s very likely that I would not be a good match with the rest of their peeps.

As for family, well, I can’t even go there from here.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1/12/2009 10:21 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Family.
How many people can go there?

 
At 1/12/2009 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hardly ever go to bars. there's a local bar & grill which is kid friendly i might have a beer or two with wife & sprout once a month or so. any beer consumption
is homebnound these days in the non-aggressive sillynessland of kid wife dog cat and occasional pals
who drop in for a backyard fire.

we didn't go to any parties, lunches, dinners this year.
no family stuff. nuthin.

it was nice.

hairy bary

word verification: prewi...do kiwi embryo?

 
At 1/13/2009 10:46 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

You have a very valid point Mr. Patel

And Barfy you are a lucky dog and I suspect a much more relaxed one.

 
At 1/13/2009 10:16 PM, Blogger el poquito said...

I'd hang on the couch with ya to hear about the murderers and murderees you have known. It happens when ya know people. or you know people who know people - and you don't close the doors on any of them.

D's solution often is: we know too many people. gotta stop meeting 'em. they all get sick and eventually die.

yep. too late.

 
At 1/14/2009 12:09 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

"all relationships end one way or the other..."
Me


Word verification, maybe the best ever,
squeniz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home