Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, December 15, 2008

AM Earworm

Can’t tell ya the name, can’t tell ya the people. But, the partial lyrics keep going in my head
“This is it, make no mistake where you are (something)
This is it, the waiting is over
This is it, blah, blah, something horrible
Get back on my shoulder?”

I don’t know, but it’s accompanied by an awful visual as well. Guy (whitey, white, white) sitting earnestly on a singing stool, maybe he has guitar in hand. Generic medium brown hair, generic shoulder length to say “I’m cool but do note it’s combed-ness and generic cleanly shine, I’m not frightening your mom at all”. Damned ubiquitous 70’s brushy mustache. One of those Godforsaken faded denim suits, maybe a couple of brown leather patches on the sport coat part. All in all, the ultimate subliminal nightmare of the gen x-er.
Luckily something I saw on the net first thing, brought up Shriekback, who are industriously trying to shove him off, stage left.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12/30/2008 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This is It" -- Kenny "Christopher Robin and Pooh" Loggins!!! Actually a fairly talented singer and songwriter, as in:

"Count all the bees in the hive ...
Back to the House of Christopher Robin and Pooh ..."

from the mid-70s.

Happy New Year, Bee-yotch!!!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home