Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the season

For an awful lot of family friendly television. While I know this is a day late and a dollar short, as they rerun a bunch of “family classics”, here are my thoughts on one.
As much as I adore you Johnny Depp (and that is fairly embarrassing, as I don’t generally play the celebrity game), this time you fail. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory completely bites. Because I may love you, but you know who I love more? Both Roald Dahl and Gene Wilder.
And by the way,
There is no need to edit out the drug references from Willy Wonka, (Family Channel). I saw this, in the theater, at age 7 and did not jump from the mast of any tre jolie boats into a chocolate river and die because I thought I could fly.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12/11/2008 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing that was an improvement in that movie was the use of the Roald Dahl Lyrics from the book, that good being much mitigated by having them all covered with Elfman glaze.

But I am really looking forward to the new Casablanca with Keanu Reeves and Li'l Kim.

 
At 12/11/2008 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shoots peanut butter sammich and fresca outta nose!*

 
At 12/11/2008 10:43 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Fresca - Man that takes me back... that was the only soda we were allowed as kids.

I couldn't listen to or watch the stupid little man parts because it was horrid, horrid a horrid little man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home