Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Now we are 4

Today is the anniversary of this here beast. I get a fresh page too. (I start a new word-processing document every three months). Perhaps that will help the clean slate and reflecting process.

I have learned some serious stuff since I blithely jumped on the blog bandwagon. If anyone here recalls, I hadn’t even started college yet waaaay back then. As well as that I have been through a gamut of emotional, physical, personal, personnel, job, and psychological changes in these four years. I can safely assert, quite strenuously, that I am really not the same person I was then. Except for the part where I am even the same person as I was when I was seven. As evidenced by a linked haiku I wrote then called “Haikus of War and Pollution”. Of course it wasn’t technically haiku but the point is still apparent.

I could go into great depth about the strange and frequently painful growth and change I’ve been through lately, but instead I guess I should speak on my current relationship to this space. I’m really struggling with keeping this going. I guess I have learned that I am not as interested in transparency as I once thought I was. It really only took one snarky ass to precipitate major rearmament. I am a person without skin. This attempt to lay aside some of the layers of collected hides has been difficult. Really difficult. Forget “if you prick me do I not bleed”, I’m a constant oozer.

I don’t know where we’re going now. I am trying to find the right level of opacity in the bandages I’m applying. Maybe not so much wanton displaying of the ragged, gaping, wounds. Some prodding of sores but perhaps not open-heart surgery. Laudable pus is desirable, lately I’ve been festering, and there’s a detectable whiff of rot.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7/05/2009 12:47 AM, Blogger el poquito said...

whatever you decide, i understand how this here thing needs to be a living expression of the life lived here through you, Yours, was my initiation to blogworld. The first one I followed and learned from. Your balance of transparency and opacity has been a bit of a teaching model for me. Yours led to others, and together led me to my own little wall of graffiti. It's led to writing and more writing and more.

You helped me and el poquito to find one another - and have a piece of this word explosion on the internet. Cool thing you led me to and I thank you for it.

And hey, congratulations on the 'Still Standing' Award four years later down the odd road called Life.

Still here. Still making noise. Still ornery. Keepin' on keepin' on. Always good to just be in the knowledge some folks are just up the road.

xo
-e

 
At 7/05/2009 9:13 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Ah, rot. Rot is real but I think, like everything else, it's not permanent.

 
At 7/05/2009 9:17 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

You da man E.
Impermanence N. that's the byword.

 
At 7/07/2009 11:43 AM, Anonymous UBU said...

Happy Anniversary! Hey, thanks for doin' it -- keep on keepin' on

 
At 7/14/2009 7:47 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Mr. UBU what can what say? You are like the staunchest of the staunch. It really matters and it really helps. Tanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home