Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Coolio Daddy-o


So I suppose that technically cuz it’s Friday and theoretically because I’m off work I should be posting something scathingly brilliant. But Friday is also catch up day. So, all day I’ve been doing paperwork, making phone calls, checking in with people, writing overdue letters and just generally TCB-ing.
The cats pukey and people are having issues and tissues and illnesses.
But I took refuge in looking at the school calendar and savouring the idea of Thanksgiving and semester break. I can’t believe I get over 3 weeks off. All to myself, except a little work. If only I can remain un-hospitalized or whatever it should be perfectly wonderful.

Last night was fabulous, it was Dali’s Birthday and he, DoubleN, Radiolady, Psyche and I all went to the Earle for dinner, which was just a huge, huge treat for me.
I used to take myself once or twice a week for happy hour, (not to drink but to eat for 20% off). I would just sit and eat soup, salad and bread all by myself and have a good feed. I really miss that, but since I (A) don’t work downtown anymore, (B) have something resembling a family to support, I haven’t had the time or really the money, to go anymore.
I had the most amazing scallops in mushroom cream sauce, thanks to Dali steering me in that direction.
(I was heading for the salmon or the beef with roquefort.)
I got to drink champagne with no regrets, and stuff myself. Whoo-hoo!
Unfortunately, it then made me sooo sleepy.

If you look at archives at all they may change a little as I’m taking the Raymond Carver like liberty of doing a little post editing. My big brother, Mr. Science advised that adding these spaces at some points would make the things far more readable, so little by little between tasks I’m going to try going back over some stuff and sort it out a little better.

So it’s band practice time, (we are going to play out again, soon-ish, I promise) and then I suppose homework, so I should runaway.

BTW this is my Dad, (pix), my Dad is very cool......

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2005 4:01 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

You're in a band too! Neat.

 
At 9/17/2005 7:31 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Yup my completely un-famous band The Bottom 99, Its modern - yet with tinges of Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Doors and Deep Purple.
Well, if any of those bands had been fronted by Big Maybelle.
We're trying to sort out a gig at the Berkely Front though, so that will help get things going. We lost our keyboard player right after our first show, that slowed things down a bit, but we've decided to go on without one for now till one shows up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home