Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Auggh! Cats!

Ear worm radio: Sunrise - Alice Cooper

Solitary crow
Flips dawns cloud pufs from it's wings
it's mission secret

I got up and the cat wanted out. I opened the door for her and heard the crows.
We have this huge flock (I think they’ve estimated 4 to 5 hundred) that lives on John street. In the morning the flock breaks into several murders and they take off foraging all over town. You can hear them all over. I think carking is the best way to describe their calls. It really has a dog like quality in the sound.

So there I stood on the freezing porch, in my bare feet and underwear, and I had to pee so bad, like one only does first thing on waking, but I just wanted to listen to and possibly see, the crows.

It was really foggy, but the air was so crisp the fog made sparkles, and felt shiny instead of wooly. If fog is like a sweater, then this was a glittery, steppin' out fancy, kind of sweater. Which, if it actually was a sweater you know just by looking at it, is bound to be itchy.

Anyway, a murder showed up and wheeled three or four times carking like mad, before heading back over into downtown. The cat came back from her little expotition, (she only takes very short ones nowadays).
I went back inside, took care of a few things and here I sit with lap full of cat and computer.

It’s a strange week, I skipped a math class and two classes were canceled due to teacher illness, I’ve had Indian food 4 times and that can only be good. There’s big doin’s at the temple, one of the twice yearly retreats is occurring and I’m actually participating for 2 of the 10 days. Which in itself is weird, I never go to retreats anymore. The time and money involved is really more than I can handle.
And it was very odd to not know 70% of the people anymore. I suspect that if I was to go to some of the regular teachings the ratio would become even larger.

It was odd, the same phenomena occurred there that I’ve been experiencing in many of my classes, I end up sitting as an island of myself. I don’t stink (other than cigarettes), I just think I put off this isolationist vibe. I am definitely less open than I have been at many junctures of my life.

Due to kitten on the keyboard issues, having had to go back and turn off caps lock twice, delete a string of tildas and spaces, and getting the dew claw treatment on my hand trying to enforce boundaries, I’m leaving off now.

3 Comments:

At 2/05/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I've just finished catching up with my cats after two and a half days away.
They took it well. I saw no crows, only cows and barn cats.

 
At 2/06/2006 7:21 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Oh man do I have a new, crazy, crow story, but I'm swamped with homework, it'll have to wait.
Glad you got a break and got out of town. It can be really refreshing. Weren't you in Penn.?
I love the Susquahannas(sp?) I was trapped in an insane thunderstorm right on top off one once, it was an amazing and terrifying thrill.
We had some very cool barn cats when we had our farm. MAybe I'll throw up some pix.

 
At 2/06/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Right between Williamsport and Elmira,NY. Canton,PA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home