Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What? Where?


• Why ear worm radio?
I think it’s far more interesting what people are choosing subconsciously as opposed to consciously.

• Rumour Control
Where does the rumour, that Red Rose Tea is red because it has dried beef blood in it, come from? It can’t possibly be true can it? There is nothing about beef on the ingredient list........

• Stella proverbs
It’s never any thing, it’s your relationship to it.
or
It’s not the stuff, it’s where you’re stuck.
or
Samsara, you’re soaking in it.

• On anglicized spellings
I’m not stuck up or an anglophile. I just think they look prettier. Except tyre and gaol.

• They are calling yesterday “The day civil rights died”

• Writing songs is my NY Times crossword

• I wish I was just plain funny, like Nitro. As opposed to occluded, convoluted and weird funny, like me.

• T. Casey Brennan, one of the writers for Vampirella, has been around this area for quite awhile, he used to crash at EvilPete’s alot. He used to walk by my house every day, going into town in the AM and coming back at night. Now he’s all over the message boards where I hang out. He’s promoting his new punk band. I think he’s about a hundred, he says he shot JFK.

• Have I mentioned how much I hate math? Non-Linear equations now. I have begun praying to the Gods of Math, Hermes, Thoth, Chronos and Manjushri.

Ear worm radio today: I Want You Back - The Jackson 5

9 Comments:

At 2/01/2006 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanx. It's easy to be funny, really, if you're a complete misanthrope like me. It's caring about people and stuff that gets all serious. ...see, that's not funny, f'rinstance.

 
At 2/01/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I dunno, I'm pretty dang misanthropic. It's not so bad when I'm in my own little handpicked world, but school really brings it out in me.....

 
At 2/01/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I actually think it's really cool that after we became a viable new nation, people thought we should decolonize(?) our spelling.
Although, if we had stayed in the Empire, maybe we would be more civilized. Instead of American.

 
At 2/01/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/01/2006 6:22 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Now if we could just quash those nasty rumours about Brook Bond ( the English company that produces) Red Rose tea

 
At 2/07/2006 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote Vampirella stories in the early '70s; my first
story was in #5; I wrote the series in #s 17-21. I was
interviewed on the internationally syndicated X-Zone
radio show on January 3, 2006. You can still listen by
going to the shows archives and scrolling to this
year's first show...

http://xzone-radio.com/archives.htm

There's also a full biography on me in FOLLOWING
CEREBUS #6, just released, and available at comic
shops and Tower Records outlets internationally...see
URL at...

http://spectrummagazines.bizland.com/fccurrent2.chtml

Best,

T. Casey Brennan tcaseybrennan2002@yahoo.com

 
At 2/07/2006 5:55 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I remember my brother bringing home Vampirella and either Eerie or Creepy comix. I remember thinking that Vampirella's decolletage (which is what my mother told me it was called) was the hottest, most amazing thing my 6 year old eyes had seen.

Then I remember being completely freaked by a storie in Eerie where the old fish wife prayed on some magic item that their boys who were lost at sea would live again.
Then the village was overrun by seaweed dripping zombies from the sea. I can totally see the graphic of the zombies shambeling around against the half timbered cottages, as clear as day in my mind's eye.

Unfortunately Vampirella has gotten mixed round in my memory with Elvira and such imitators.

I do think it odd that people, (such as myself) get turned on by cartoons. Since I'm mostly hetero it was primarily Speed Racer for me, but there were definitely urges for Kimba, Vampirella and those big busted elfin chicks from Heavy Metal magazine.

 
At 1/29/2013 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Two important points: (1) This girl, Stella Magdalen, and I, BIG-TIME hated each others guts during the party days at Pete's house. (2) CREEPY, EERIE, and VAMPIRELLA are now in hardcover ARCHIVE editons, reprinting each title, first issue to last, many of which are at the Ann Arbor public library. Check the T. Casey Brennan Wikipedia page to see which issue I am in. Something Stella Magdalen doesn't have.

 
At 1/29/2013 9:10 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Umm, I never hated you, but your hatred is pretty evident... Though I doubt you could pick me out of a lineup.
Maybe you should stop googling yourself so much, it seems to get your britches twisted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home