Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I live for lust


Earworm radio: April Fools - Rufus Wainright
So loud and strong, immediately upon waking, that I had to bring it downstairs and play it. I remember when I first found it on some modern music collection, I became temporarily obsessed with it and played it, well, a lot. In fact I think I’ll do it at least twice right now. It really lends itself to overindulgence.

I was whistling Cigarettes and Chocolate milk one day at work at the market, and a VERY dapper gent said
“Isn’t that Rufus Wainright?”
I responded by gushing all over his perfect lapel about what a brilliant, blah, blah and culminating with
“and he’s so FOINE!!”
He gave me the whole you are such a freakin’ wierdo look and said
“well, but, isn’t he gay?”
Me,
“Well, Yeah, of course, SO?”
He never came back into the store. What’s that about?
OK, three’s the charm, it’s going to be an OK day.....

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

The other weekend I'm milling around the step-tastic A.A. Al-Anon convention and there's this guy with a table geared for young alcoholics. I don't think I'm either but he had music going faintly. "CSN?" I asked. "Beta Band"
"Even better", then I told him about hearing the song She's The One For Me sleeping while very ill and how it freaked me out.
Pausing, I realized that that was the song playing right then.

 
At 3/22/2006 4:54 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

BTW I've now had the chance to listen to Sherman Electric several times.
They're quite odd and quirky aren't they? I'm pretty sure we like them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home